Despite persistent drizzle I spent an interesting half day improving my photography skills at Stone Lane gardens today. Our workshop lead was John Howells who kept his enthusiasm despite the cold and wet. A few tips I learned were:
1) Even when it is cloudy, it is still possible to take great photos - the light conditions are best for close up nature photography
2) If you want to take a close up make sure it is really close up
3) On a day with a blanket of white cloud avoid taking pictures that include the sky as it will just be a white block
4) Take time to look for interesting juxtapositions
5) Aim for a composition that leads the viewer into your picture
I have put together a gallery of some of my favourite shots - see what you think….